Saturday, January 10, 2009

studio & inspiration


i have been waiting for months, scratch that, years for my own studio space. phil and i have been under contract on a house since october and the waiting has been excruciating. with this house i would have my own room :: my very own blank slate to turn into my creative space, my very own studio! but around every corner there seems to be some kind of bump in the wall. that being said, i decided that it was a waste of my time to wait for the perfect space to come along. so, i took matters into my own hands and found a corner in our tiny apartment to claim as my own. the overhaul has begun and the transformation of my little corner in the kitchen is starting to take shape.



my fabric stash has gone from being stored in tubs to up on shelves so I can easily see what I have to work with. tucked in the corner up there are a couple of see-thru bins that hold fabric scraps and a few projects that need to be finished (just not right now :o)

while in one of our local shops yesterday, i found this magazine and thought it would be the perfect thing to go through to get more ideas. there's even a specific section on how to organize small spaces and make them your own. i'm certainly glad that i only got those shelves up before i found this little treasure. there will be more updating as my space becomes a reflection of me and my work.



i also found a great resource for my business at my bookstore. i've almost finished reading the book and have a notebook full of notes and ideas. it's full of great information and i would recommend it to anyone who is looking to start their own business, craft or otherwise. it has really focused the paperwork and legal side of my business and made sense out of it. definitely worth the $17 investment!


work on my website will resume this next week and i hope to have my spring 2009 jewelry catalog online and available by the first of the week. there are also some design ideas swirling around in that gear-box of mine, and i can't wait to share some of those creations with you! so stay tuned for new-space updates and latest creations ...

No comments:

Post a Comment